reload 6509 switch

Hi, What command do you use to reload a 6509 switch with Catos. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

You can use "reset" command. You can reboot modules individually (for example, if you have two Supervisor modules), or reset whole chasis.

Goos luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Why on earth would you want to do such a thing?

IMHO, if you haven't been able to figure this out you really have no business issuing the command. I've got several 6509's that have been up for more than than two years, two of them up over three years. Only thing I've had to reset was the MSFC on one of them, once.

Keep in mind that if the switch is reloaded you will need to monitor the ports and resolve all of the new duplex mis-matches that were just created.

Wil my 3¢

Reply to
Wil

Wil wrote: [snip]

Why would it create new duplex mismatches? Also, don't forget, you have to reboot the switches to address any PSIRT issues!

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Wil my 3¢

for i in `ps -aux |grep "smoking" |grep -v grep \\ |awk '{print $2}'`; do kill -9 $i; done

>
Reply to
Wil

Ah...I got you. I assumed you meant when things were hard-coded (that they would dynamically change)

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.