Question installing a WIC

I have a 2600 series router with a cisco 2621XM precessor. I had purchased a "Cisco T1 DSU/CSU WAN Interface Card (WIC-1DSU-T1-V2)" for a T1 line ran to my office. I am having a hard time istalling the module though. It is supported by this router, so I though it should be plug-and-play like any ethernet or serial card I have tried to install. I insert the module, and when I boot back up, I get this error: Unknown WIC in slot(0/1), wic card has an unknown id of 0x52 It does the same thing in both slots. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work right?

Thanks for the help... Adam

Reply to
SyberPenguin
Loading thread data ...

You must have both routers? Your previous post I just answered said asked about the difference between a 2600 and 2600XM.

You need a newer code rev on your 2600XM to suport those card.

They make this info harder to find than it needs to be lately.

I believe you need at least 12.2(15)ZL or newer trains to support the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 on the 2600XM. This probably means in real life running

12.3 mainline code on the 2600XM to support this card.

In my previous post, I mentioned there is no way to run this card on a

2600 non-XM chassis.
Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.