4 T1 WIC for 3640?

I've ordered four new T1s from MCI for 6 Mbps Internet service. I plan to use an existing 3640 router. Is there a quad serial WIC card available?

If not, I guess I'll need an NM-4T. Can someone recommend an economical multi-port CSU/DSU for this application?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob Simon
Loading thread data ...

There are dual Serial WIC's but not quad. They go for about $55 on eBay these days.

So, if you already have an NM-2FE-2W with two open WIC slots, you only need two WIC-2T's (and supporting cables)

J.Cottingim

Reply to
jcottingim

Do you already have CSU/DSUs? If no, you can get two VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards, which include the CSU/DSU.

Reply to
Wayne
6 refurbished units are in stock of the Cisco Part Number: VWIC-2MFT-T1

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Engineers

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

All three of you guys recommended a two port WIC, which means I'd need two for my 4 T1s. I've only got two available slots in my router and thought that preserving a spare was pretty important. Am I making too big a deal out of this?

Reply to
Bob Simon

Yes.

But you can easily put in more WIC slots. You aren't limited to two WIC slots. External devices can go bad. Cabling can go bad. An integrated unit is better. Cisco doesn't make a 4-T1 integrated CSU/DSU card.

You were thiking of putting an NM-4T, so you must have a free NM slot. Another NM-2W or NM-2FE-2W can go in there if you need 2 more WIC slots later on.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.