2811 WIC slots

Am I safe to assume that a WIC 1DSU-T1 V2 card can go in any of the 2811 WIC slots?

Thanks

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery
Loading thread data ...

There are several bugs on the 2811 and WIC slots. The first is that certain types of cards do not work properly in all slots. There is also problem where WIC cards are not recognized at boot-up and you need to reboot several times before they are finally recognized.

The first bug is suppose to be fixed soon. The bug was visible when we first opened the case a few weeks ago, but Cisco has since removed the bug from public view. (I don't have the bug ID handy).

The second problem we opened a case this week and have not heard back yet. Cisco originally thought the routers were bad and we had them RMA'd (four out of 12 we ordered), the RMA'd units had the same problem. I think Cisco may be investigating if they have a batch of bad routers or a software problem.

Scott

Reply to
thrill5

Thanks, that might explain a few things I'm seeing.

Gordon Montgomery Living Scriptures, Inc snipped-for-privacy@lsi.com (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures) (801) 627-2000

Reply to
Gordon Montgomery

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.