Q: Why did the R&S Lab go from 3550 to 3560?

I haven't found out why the hardware on the lab went to 3560s--do you you know? If so please post an answer.

The 3550s have POE, etc.... so what's up with the 3560s?

Thank you.

Reply to
-
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Functionally they are the same with an exception, that 3550 have GBIC slots, and 3560 have SFPs. However Cisco announced EoL/EoS for Catalyst 3550 line (except C3550-12G), so, what's the point to keep them in R&S lab? From the configuration perspective they have almost no difference, so, you may practice with 3550, if you have.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

No they are definately not the same in functionality:

formatting link

-- Best regards Martin Kiefer

formatting link

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

"-==-" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Hi,

c3560 support the fill set of Private VLANs ( Isolated, Community and Edge ) while c3550 support only a subset, Edge PVLAN.

Regards, Gabriele

Reply to
Gabriele Beltrame

Martin,

And how much of these "new features" you will really need in CCIE R&S Lab? I'm not sure about THE latest lab scenarios, but none of this differences should prevent you from doing a lab. The only "possible" candidate is IPv6 features, but I don't know if you need to configure it on the switches.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Thank you one, and all.

Sorry I forgot to change my handle for this newgroup, no disrespect meant.

Reply to
-

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.