CCNA expiration?

Hi,

I have all of CCNA certificates (CCNA 1 in october 2003, CCNA 4 in june

2004). I would like to know if and when my CCNA certification expires, and how I can stay up-to-date with my knowledge. The other day I got the advise to register as an alumni, but so far I haven't found out how to do that.

Thank you for an answer,

Huub

Reply to
Huub
Loading thread data ...

If I understand correctly, the last time you passed a CCNA exam was June 4, 2004. The CCNA is valid for 3 years so your CCNA will be valid until June 4 2007 barring you recertifying before that date.

Of course, passing a Professional level exam will automatically recertify your CCNA for another 3 years. You may want to check out the Learning and Events section of

formatting link
as they have recently retired some of the CCNP exams...you don't want to take the retired ones that don't recertify your CCNA. Best of Luck!

Chris

Huub wrote:

Reply to
BadCzech

If you have a job. You dont need the CCNA :-)

LinkWaves Corp

29980 Technology Drive, Suite 6 Murrieta, CA 92563
formatting link
We buy sell all Cisco, Discount up to 80% off on New Used Cisco.

BadCzech wrote:

Reply to
LinkWaves

If you only have the Networking Academy "certificates" for CCNA1 , CCNA 2, CCNA 3and CCNA 4 when you passed each of these courses you are *not* "CCNA Certified". The CCNA Certification Exam is an external exam you take separately from your Networking Academy studies. Surely your instructors explained this to you!

Academy Alumni memerbship is available after passing one course. Log in to Academy Connection

formatting link
using your Networking Academy student account username and password. On the menu on the left of the page you will see a link "Alumni Home" clcik on this and complete the Alumni registration process. However, looking at when you completed CCNA 4, you account may no longer be active. If you log does not work contact your Academy and request that they arrange to have your Academy Connection account re-activated.

regards Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

My instructor told me that the separate certificates were valid because they come from Cisco (received as a pdf file and printed out). Signed by the instructor, they were said to be valid.

Ok, thank you. I will ask them.

Reply to
Huub

Oh yes, they are valid certificates from Cisco Systems and the Networking Academy Program certifying that you have successfully completed each of the four stages of the training course. But to become a Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) requires you to take and pass the 640-801 CCNA Certification Exam. See this link about Cisco certification exams :

formatting link
this one regarding CCNA 1 - 4:
formatting link
states : "Students who successfully complete this portion of the program are eligible to earn Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNAT) certification." Note the words "eligible to earn", this means these courses only prepare you to take the certification exam.

That is why the Networking Academy Program has a "Voucher Exam" at the end of the CCNA 4 course - if you get a high enough score in the Voucher Exam you are eligible for a discount (usually 50%, it depends on the country) off the price of this external exam.

I am really concerned that either you have misunderstood what the CCNA is and its relationship with the Networking Academy Progam courses, or that your Academy instructors are misinformed, which is a disappointing reflection on their training. As someone involved in both instructor and student training we are extremely careful and thorough in explaining this aspect of the program.

Remove the "REMOVE" from my email address if you want to contact me direct about this.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Or the combination of the 640-821 INTRO and 640-811 ICND exams. You can choose the all-in-one or take two separate exams.

formatting link
And this one regarding CCNA 1 - 4:

Reply to
Cisco Kid

Yes I know that, but the poor OP was confused enough as it was so I thought the KISS approach was best.

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.