pix device manager ARGH!!!!!

Everyone I ask, and every site I look for help on says: " I suggest you go to the cisco website and download PIX Device Manager (PDM). It is a free download for cisco PIX firewall."

ARGH!!!!! I CAN'T FIND THIS ANYWHERE ON CISCO SITE.. EVEN THOUGH I'VE LOGGED ON.

Sorry for 'yelling' but this is driving me insane!

Can SOMEONE PLEASE give me a URL to the PDM download???

THANKS!

Matt

Reply to
askmeforit
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
mcaissie

Thanks, but I've been all over that page.. all I get on it is

"There are currently no files for this type"

There are links to guides out the ying-yang, but NONE to and PDM Download!

Reply to
askmeforit

well i see pdm-304.bin

From Cisco home page -Log in

-go in Technical Support and Documentation

-Download - VPN Software - Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software - Download Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software

If VPN Sotware doesn't appear in the Download Menu , your account may not have software downloads permission.

Reply to
mcaissie

You probably didn't find that advice in this newsgroup. Around here, the usual practice for PDM is to "damn it with faint praise". "Well, there is a GUI, and some people like it...".

When people ask PDM questions here, the response they get is usually silence. When people ask here whether they should run PDM, a typical response is, "Well, you could, but if you expect to be asking questions about the PIX, you need to learn the CLI, because the people who answer PIX questions here don't have the time to describe the PDM menu paths required to make even simple changes."

If I recall correctly from your other recent postings, you are running a PIX with 6.3(3). Any PIX purchased with ~ PIX 6.2(2) or later installed also has PDM installed by default.

Getting *rid* of PDM is a long exercise -- you have to clear the flash memory, downgrade to a previous PIX version, reboot, clear the flash memory again, upgrade back the the PIX version you had, and reboot again. (I seem to recall that PDM might also disappear when you upgrade from PIX 6.2 to PIX 6.3). Hence unless your PIX is much older than the 6.3(3) version number suggests, chances are that you already have PDM installed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

if ' snipped-for-privacy@nunya.com' is not your real email-address, you make it yourself more difficult than necessary.

Reply to
Danick Veenstra

I make not having my real address on 10,000 lists by the end of the day, more difficult.

I'm looking for answers via usenet, not email..

Reply to
askmeforit

Reply to
Danick Veenstra

Use the CLi like a real tech ;)

snipped-for-privacy@nunya.com wrote:

Reply to
RouterMan

Oh I'd LOVE to.. been all over the CLI and still can't get this damn VPN crap to work....

I've resorted to opening every IP, UDP and TCP port to the Windows

2003 Server runn>Use the CLi like a real tech ;)
Reply to
REMOVE.msg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.