Unsupported Command Found

First time using this forum... My CISCO consultant told me to give you guys a try... hehe

Device PIX 506E PDM Version 2.0(2) PIX Version 6.2(2)

Message shown when I successfully log into the PIX: "Unsupported Command Found PDM has encountered a PIX firewall configuration command statement that PDM does not support............. PDM does not support the "alias" command in your configuration."

We have four lines in the config: alias (inside) 192.168.77.X 209.X.X.X 255.255.255.255 alias (inside) 192.168.77.X 209.X.X.X 255.255.255.255 alias (inside) 192.168.77.X 209.X.X.X 255.255.255.255 alias (inside) 192.168.77.X 209.X.X.X 255.255.255.255

Right now I can only view the Monitoring Tab via the GUI... I need to ultimately set up a VPN connection to another site on this Firewall.

What command can I apply to fix this? What needs to be done? Do I get this message perhaps because some of those servers may no longer exsist?

Any Help would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance.

Chris H.

Reply to
Christopher.Hoche
Loading thread data ...

This PIX PDM does not support the alias command as it has told you. You will only be able to monitor the firewall through the PDM. In order to fix this you will need to log into the Firewall CLI and remove the commands. Be careful though, you may be using them for DNS purposes.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

In article , Phil wrote: :This PIX PDM does not support the alias command as it has told you. :You will only be able to monitor the firewall through the PDM.

Right.

:In order :to fix this you will need to log into the Firewall CLI and remove the :commands. Be careful though, you may be using them for DNS purposes.

The alias command affects DNS whether you want it to or not. [There are, though, some configurations where it doesn't matter.]

To the original poster (sorry, Phil didn't quote context and cut out the attribution so I don't know who it was):

The replacement for the 'alias' command is the new keyword 'dns' on the 'static' and 'nat' commands. If you -do- need to do DNS translations, then remove the 'alias' commands, then go in to the 'static' configuration area and there should be a checkbox that controls whether DNS is translated for that entry or not.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.