PIX 506E VPN error "Reason 433" (no one seems to know how to fix this)

Hi Travis,

Look to see if your laptop has something called "Network Bridge" under Network Connections.

Try removing the "LAN Connections" from Network Bridge and see if it works now.

Hope this helps,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

this is a typical case of both laptops are sitting behind a nat/pat device. ifthat is the case then go to the PIX and type in the following command: isakmp nat-t

This will allow multple connections from same nat/pat address with encapsulation with UDP 4500

Reply to
rave

This is driving me nuts. I setup a ipsec/ike vpn on my cisco pix with the PDM wizard. It works great...., but when I get a 2nd user to connects to the PIX, it boots the 1st user off and gives this error code....

"Secure VPN Connection terminated by Perr. Reason 433: (Reason Not Specified by Peer)"

I'm using Cisco VPN client Version is "4.6.03.0021". It's installed on two Windows XP laptops (all windows updates) with no firewall. Windows XP firewall is turned off on both laptops.

My PIX 506E info: PIX version 6.3(4), PDM 3.0(2)

Any help would be great. I've looked all over cisco's site and the web...., and came up with nothing on this error code.

Reply to
Travis

How many IP addresses did you reserve in the ip local pool ?

Reply to
mcaissie
10 addresses

Reply to
Travis

Fixed!

After I entered the command "isakmp nat-t" I can now have as many people as I want connected to the vpn. I no longer get the Reason 433 error.

Thanks for the help rave :)

Reply to
Travis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.