PIX 525 Does Not Authenticate Password

Hi Peeps

We have 2 Cisco PIX 525 firewall at work which has been working Ok all the while. These PIXs authenticate users by TACACS and they also have local username and password configured on it. They don't accept Telnet but accept only SSH.

Last week, when logging on the the firewall over SSH, the firewalls kept prompting me to put my password in, over and over again even though I had supplied the correct password. I then consoled directly to

the PIX and got the same problem with the local username and password. Both PIXs will not authenticate me.

I rebooted the PIXs and was then able to log on successfully. Just a couple of days later the problem has started again and it seems I can only get it to work if I reboot the PIXs. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions? Has anyone had this experience before?

Anyway, the PIX works fine and does what it is suppose to for user, only that we can't log on to it.

Hardware:PIX Version 6.3(4)

PIX-525, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 600 MHz Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

Any suggetion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ex PIX manager

Reply to
nice_man22_99
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.