Need help making a VPN client connection within Windows 2000 Scheduled Task

Hi folks,

I have a batch procedure that invokes a certificate-secured VPNclient.exe to make a connection, do some work, and then disconnect. I need to make this work in a scheduled task.

The batch procedure works fine interactively.

It works fine in a scheduled task AS LONG AS I AM LOGGED IN INTERACTIVELY.

It does NOT work as a scheduled task if I am not logged in.

It seems to me the issue is that the Scheduler process, running as LocalSystem, does not have access to the appropriate certificate. Even if I configure the Scheduled Task to RunAs my user account it doesn't work: it seems this impersonation gets used for (e.g.) network access but not for certificate store lookup.

I've tried using the Certificate Manager MMC to install the certificate in different locations such as "Certificates (Local Computer)\\Personal" to no avail.

The client and the certificate setup were issued to me and are not under my control. VPNclient.exe is version 4.0.3. Using a password instead of a certificate is not an option.

Is there a way to make this work through configuration?

If not, is there a way to make this work programatically? I can resort to using C++, C#, or VB(.NET) to program this, if someone can give me some pointers as to what needs to be done.

Cheers, Richard

-- Richard A. Wells, snipped-for-privacy@raw.com

-- Reality And Wonder,

formatting link

Reply to
Richard A. Wells
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.