Monitoring WAN utilization

Hello Friends,

I am looking for some information about the WAN monitoring tools. I would apprecuaiate if you could suggest me a tool, which allows me to set the utilization threshold and provide me the details of the IP addresses and ports of those hosts which are responsible for the high utiliztion in case of high-utilization.

As of now, whenever we get a high-utilization alarm from the tools (Netcool ans Smarts) we enable IP accounting on the particular router and get the top-talkers list. Basically, we are lloking for a tool which would automate this process.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards, Siva Angadi

Reply to
siva.angadi
Loading thread data ...

Look for tools that utilize NetFlow exports from the routers. The one I've used in the past is NetFlow Analyzer

formatting link
It works well and is very easy to setup and get going. There are other alternatives in the open-source sector, but require a little more work to get up and going.

Reply to
MattG

See the following for some info

formatting link
We use Crannog NetFlow Tracker & have looked at Scrutinizer from Plixer as well, which looked pretty good.

Reply to
Al

Thank you so much for this information.

Regards, Siva Angadi.

Reply to
siva.angadi

info

formatting link

Thank you so much for the infromation.

Regards, Siva Angadi

Reply to
siva.angadi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.