The long waited New Tool, SMAC-CL 1.0, has been released!
SMAC-CL is one of the most powerful, versatile, flexible networking and security tool. SMAC-CL is a command line version of SMAC, the MAC Address Spoofer for Windows 2000, XP, and 2003. SMAC-CL is designed for users who prefer command line tools, and professionals who need to automate MAC address spoofing via scripts.
SMAC-CL is a powerful, yet an easy-to-use and intuitive command-line MAC Address Modifying Utility. SMAC-CL allows users to change MAC address for any Network Interface Cards (NIC) on the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server systems, regardless of whether the manufacturers allow this option or not.
SMAC-CL does not change the hardware burned-in MAC addresses. It is not necessary. SMAC-CL changes the "software based" MAC addresses on the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server systems, and the new MAC addresses you change will sustain from reboots.
SMAC-CL is created by Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSE), and professional software engineers. With combined efforts, SMAC-CL is well designed to be an user-friendly tool for both the technical and non-technical users. For users who wish to use Windows version of MAC Address Modifier with easy and user friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI,) please check out our SMAC tool.
- Modify MAC address in seconds on your Windows 2000, XP and 2003 systems.
- User-Friendly command-line based tool.
- Very small footprint (27K)
- Easy to script to automate MAC Address Modifying
- Update MAC addresses by NIC's IP
- Update MAC addresses by NIC's Device ID
- Remove Spoofed MAC addresses by NIC's IP
- Remove Spoofed MAC addresses by NIC's Device ID
- Display NICs' network info
- Create report of NICs' with user defined format)
- Display NICs' device ID's
- Display NICs' config ID's
- Protect your privacy.
SMAC-CL provides capabilities to display the most common and useful features and information of network adapters. Therefore, SMAC-CL can be easily scripted and integrated with Microsoft's DEVCON utility, to fully automate SMAC-CL, and disable/re-enable network adapters.
Benefits of SMAC-CL:
- Test Security Vulnerability on MAC Address based Authentication and Authorization Systems, i.e. Wireless Access Points.
- Build "TRUE" Stand-by (offline) systems with the EXACT same CompterName, IP, and MAC ADDRESSES as the Primary Systems. If Stand-by systems should be put online, NO arp table refresh is necessary, which eliminates extra downtime.
- Build High-Availability solutions
- Troubleshoot Network problems. Arp Tables, Routering, Switching, ....
- Troubleshoot system problems
- Test network management tools
- Test incident response procedures on simulated network problems
- Test Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), whether they are Host and Network Based IDS.
- If for whatever reason you need to keep the same MAC address as your old NIC, but your old NIC failed...
- Some software can ONLY be installed and run on the systems with pre-defined MAC address in the license file. If you need to install one of these software to another system with a different Network Interface Card (NIC) because your NIC is broken, SMAC will come handy. However, you are responsible to comply with the software vendor's licensing agreement.
- Some Cable Modem ISP's assign IP addresses base on the PC's MAC addresses.
- For whatever reason, if you need to swap 2 PC's regularly to connect to the cable modem, it would be a lot easier to change the MAC addresses rather than to change Network Interface Card (NIC). (You need to check with your ISP and make sure you are not violating any service agreements.)
- Over 200,000 SMAC downloads by users from major corporations and from around the world, making SMAC the most stable and popular Windows MAC Address Modifying utility. You can experience the same quality on the SMAC-CL.
Thank you. /Kyle