Lab Access Server Question

I have a lab for preparing for ccna certification. I configured a Cisco 2509 as an access server and have it connected to my lab devices. I connect to the access server via a roll0ver cable to the console port. It works great to talk to all the devices attached to it.

I would like to be able to put the access server on our network so anyone can access it and use the lab without the lab routers and switches having access to our network. I am not sure how to do this. Do I just configure one of out network ip addrs on one of the etherports on the access server and plug it on our network?

Here is the present config of the access server.

Thanks

version 12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname POD_ONE_ACCESS ! ! ! ! ! ! ip subnet-zero no ip domain-lookup ip host FRS 2006 100.1.1.1 ip host SW2 2005 100.1.1.1 ip host SW1 2004 100.1.1.1 ip host R3 2003 100.1.1.1 ip host R1 2001 100.1.1.1 ip host R2 2002 100.1.1.1 ! ! ! ! interface Loopback0 ip address 100.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 no ip directed-broadcast ! interface Ethernet0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! interface Serial0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast no ip mroute-cache shutdown no fair-queue ! interface Serial1 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 logging synchronous transport input none line 1 8 no exec transport input all line aux 0 line vty 0 4 login

Reply to
tman
Loading thread data ...

Yes

Some telnet programs allow one to specify the port number so you could put icons on you desktop for each router accessiable from the terminal server. I do this all the time using SecureCRT. I set up a host file on my Windows PC for each router all having the same address that being of the terminal server and then specify the reverse terminal server port number on teh property sheet for the session - works like a charm

Reply to
Merv

Thanks. The SecureCRT method sounds sweet.

Reply to
tman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.