Still Having Vlan Routing Problems

I am still having problems using dot1q and routing between vlans on a switch.

The hardware is a 2600 router and a 2950 switch.

I have two interfaces on the router, 10.10.100.1 amd 10.10.200.1 and pcs on the switch in each vlan. I can ping the gateways from both pcs but not eachother.

Can anyone help me out with this as this little problem has become a very large headache.

Bryan

Reply to
Boxxa
Loading thread data ...

post your configs dude

Reply to
Mike Jones

Here is the configs... All internal vlan works but it will not allow me to use encapsulation to get off the vlan to ping pcs on the other.

I have tried route statements and everything.

ROUTER 2621 CONFIG:

! Version 12.1 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! ! ! ip subnet-zero spanning-tree vlan 1 priority ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! interface Serial0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! interface FastEthernet0/0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! interface FastEthernet0/1 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast ! interface FastEthernet0/1.100 encapsulation dot1q 100 ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface FastEthernet0/1.200 encapsulation dot1q 200 ip address 10.10.200.1 255.255.255.0 ! ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! ! ! line con 0 transport input none line aux 0 line vty 0 4 ! no scheduler allocate end

SWITCH 2950 CONFIG:

! Version 12.1 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Switch ! ! ! ip subnet-zero spanning-tree extend system-id ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/1 switchport access vlan 100 ! interface FastEthernet0/2 switchport access vlan 200 ! interface FastEthernet0/3 ! interface FastEthernet0/4 switchport access vlan 100 ! interface FastEthernet0/5 switchport access vlan 200 ! interface FastEthernet0/6 ! interface FastEthernet0/7 ! interface FastEthernet0/8 ! interface FastEthernet0/9 ! interface FastEthernet0/10 ! interface FastEthernet0/11 ! interface FastEthernet0/12 switchport access vlan 200 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1005 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q ! vtp Server vtp domain bigdomain ! interface Vlan 1 no ip address no ip route-cache ! vlan 100 name vlan0100 vlan 200 name vlan0200 ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! ! ! line con 0 transport input none line aux 0 line vty 0 15 ! no scheduler allocate end

Mike J> post your configs dude

Reply to
Boxxa

What port on the switch is patched in to the router? Looking at your configs I'm guessing it's 0/12. If thats the case, you should not have "switchport access vlan 200"

If it is 0/12 paste the following in: conf t int f0/12 no switchport access vlan 200 switchport trunk encap dot1q switchport mode trunk

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

I think its my simulator that is weird but if the port ins't in a vlan, any other vlan will not ping except 100. Therefore I actually put it in vlan 1,100,200 so I can ping the gateways.

Any idea on the routing issue with the encapsulation? There is no way to route to sub interfaces with my simulator using ip route so would that be the case?

Reply to
Boxxa

Have you set the default gateway on the PCs?

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Try and load the attached files in the boson netsim.

1. router - 2620
  2. switch - 2950
  3. pc1
  4. pc2

There is one problem with the simulated cat 2950 switch. Apparently it does not accept the ip default-gateway command. so the 2 pcs can ping each other but not vlan 1.

Notice that I leave vlan 1 (the management Vlan) alone and setup two other vlans for the PCs.

begin 666 Router on a Stick4.rtr M#0HA#0I697)S:6]N(#$R+C$-"G-E

Reply to
Drake

Can you please post your Netsim Netmap and also the main file from saving multi device configs? I am still not able to ping between the vlans.

Reply to
Boxxa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.