Frame-relay

Whenever I set the clock rate on the 2501 serial int it sometimes takes the command and sometimes it tellme that this command cannot be used on DTE.

Also when it does take the command my serialline and protocol would come up but would eventually drop. on checking the runnibg config I would notice that the clock rate line is missing from th int.

Need suggestions.

Reply to
Richard
Loading thread data ...

Only the DCE end needs the "clock rate" command. You can determine which end is the DCE by looking at the output of the "show controller" command.

Spontaneously losing config like that is strange. Are you by any chance switching between different versions of IOS on this box? The "clock rate" command used to be "clockrate" (without the space) in some early releases and maybe when you switch releases, the old images don't understand the new format and so the command seems to go missing.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Richard

See the below link, the clocking is done on the DCE Interfac not the DTE one.

formatting link
Kind Regards

CK

Reply to
CK

The setup that I have is a 2501 router with two serial int, a Adtran LT CSU and a 2620 route with a 1DSU T1 int.

I am connecting the 2501 ser0 to the CSU V.35 port and the 2620 to the CSU network int.

Below is a printout of what's happening

Current configuration: ! version 12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! ! ! ! ! ! ip subnet-zero ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! interface Serial0 bandwidth 64 ip address 172.16.150.1 255.255.255.0 no ip directed-broadcast no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue ! interface Serial1 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast encapsulation frame-relay shutdown clockrate 2000000 ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! line con 0 transport input none line aux 0

Router#config t Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. Router(config)#int ser1 Router(config-if)#no shut Router(config-if)#^Z Router#

00:13:32: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial1, changed state to upwr 00:13:33: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console Building configuration...

00:13:43: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial1, changed state to up[OK] Router#

00:14:13: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial1, changed state to down Router#sh run Building configuration...

Current configuration: ! version 12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! ! ! ! ! ! ip subnet-zero ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast shutdown ! interface Serial0 bandwidth 64 ip address 172.16.150.1 255.255.255.0 no ip directed-broadcast no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue ! interface Serial1 no ip address no ip directed-broadcast encapsulation frame-relay ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! line con 0 transport input none line aux 0 line vty 0 4 login

Reply to
Richard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.