How do I erase and upload IOS software on a 32mb 80 Pin Flash Simm?

We are newbies and we just purchased one each of cisco routers 2650, and 2620. We would like some help on how to erase and reprogram 80 pin flash simms. We are a memory module maker and we would to :

1. Confirm funtionality of the 32mb 80 pin Flash Simms.
  2. Run some sort of Diags on these Simms if possible.
  3. Upload the latest version IOS

If any one out there can provide detailed information reagarding this process it would be greatly appreciated.

We actually installed some 80 pin 32mb flash simms in these routers and they would not be recognized ( we were checking through hyperterminal). Each of the routers listed above came to us with 8mb of flash installed and since the 32's were not recognized we are thinking there may possibly be incorrect data already on these new 32mb simms.

We do know for sure that the 32Mb simms are electrically sound and fully functional as generic flash modules.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

icon

Reply to
iconmem
Loading thread data ...

If I recall correctly, for at least some IOS versions and some models, IOS will only recognize Cisco branded flash. I don't have any idea of the technical details of how it detects whether it is the right kind of flash.

I do not use IOS very often, though, and possibly I am confusing the situation with that of GBICs and SFPs, which I am sure Cisco checks the identity information on.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.