im a novice learner in router!plzzzzzzzz help me..

I would like to know about 2503 router.My router version is

12.1(25),could you please guide me how do i remove my router IOS and reinstall the same version?

when i configure a router a faced this following problem

--- System Configuration Dialog ---

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]:

initially i used this command in this router:erase startup-config

thanking you,

regards,

network trainee

Reply to
bommusrinivas
Loading thread data ...

Your problem description is not clear. Are you saying you want to upgrade the IOS version on the device? Or are you saying that you just do not want that initial configuration dialog?

With the "erase startup-config" you managed to delete the startup configuration of the box. It's not clear if that was intentional or a mistake. In any event, you can either answer "yes" to that prompt in the system config dialog and then answer the questions it asks appropriatelt w.r.t interface addresses etc and then finally save the configuration. Or, you can answer "no" to that dialog and simply configure the system again with the "config term" etc.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

You didnt erase your IOS, but only the startup configuration and that is why you are being prompted to setup the router as it has no config in nvram. You can follow the prompts to config your router at a minimum. You can also run this later by 'setup'. If you have some idea of how you want the router configured you would be better served by configuration terminal mode.

Reply to
Joel Salminen

What yuo can do is just reboot the router once and at startup config windows do NO and configure the router in config way its best and pratical way of configuring the router. After that you will be able to reinstall your Router IOS only.

Reply to
NETADMIN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.