Cross over cable or straight to connect to 2811 from T1?

Which type of cabling do I use to connect to a 2811 from a T1 CPE, Crossover or straight? Thanks!

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

T1 CPE???? What sort of T1 CPE? Smartjack/NIU or something else? Typically, I'd use the *2811* as the T1 CPE.

You'd want a straight-thru to go from a Smartjack into a T1 port on a 2811.

If you instead have another T1 router there, to connect two routers together on their ethernet ports, use a cross-over cable.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Make sure that the cable you are using has all four pairs. Ethernet uses the green and orange pairs, but a T1 uses the blue and orange pairs.


Reply to


smith writes:

cable you are using has all four pairs. Ethernet uses

To be more specific:

Ethernet uses pins 1-2-3-6 on an RJ45 plug

T1 uses pins 1-2-4-5 on an RJ45 plug

Reply to
brickwalls19 Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.