Cisco SDM is not working

HI. I have been using the Cisco SDM to access my router from my PC for a while. I am running Server2003 with SP1. I was able to access this before SP1, but now I cannot access it from any machine. XP, Server2000, Server2003 without SP1. The install I did was the one on my PC, nothing was loaded on the Router. I get my login screen, but then it comes back with the java window, with this type of text in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------- Since you can read this, you are running either a non-supported browser or you have disabled JavaScript.

You can enable JavaScript

on Netscape Communicator by checking Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Enable JavaScript on Microsoft Internet Explorer by enabling Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level/Scripting/Active Scripting

After you have enabled JavaScript, push the "Back" button.

------------------------------------------------------------------- I am running java Version Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_01-b08) I had a problem in the past and had to use a different version of Java.

Once I click on the pop up bar at the top, I get another window with an error that reads.

------------------------------------------------------------------- Startup Error Application has not been granted with the necessary privileges in order to startup successfully, or another unknown error occurred during startup. Please close all involved browser windows and try again by granting all requested privileges.

------------------------------------------------------------------- Is there a new version of SDM?

Reply to
scottpepi
Loading thread data ...

Several Cisco Java based products have problems using the latest Java 1.5, try uninstalling Java and installing a slightly older version (must be

1.4.2_05 or higher though)

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Kayes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.