Cisco IOS question 12.4(15)T7 on 1812 Router

Can someone tell me where can I find out exactly which features this IOS has?

I was told that 12.4(15)T7 can only support 3 VLAN's on an 1812 router, however this does not seem right for this level of router.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tom
Loading thread data ...

Typically, that would be controlled by the router hardware level, and what the specific hardware supports, not each individual revision of IOS.

Cisco Feature Navigator (cisco.com/go/fn) isn't going to tell you # of VLANs, because that is a hardware level datum, not software.

The data sheet for the 18xx routers

formatting link
that they all support 8 802.1Q VLANs. (And 4 WiFi encrypted VLANs)

I'd go with the data sheet, excepting possibly a bug in implementation inside the specific IOS revision you are asking about could accidently restrict it more than it should be.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Great...thanks for the quick response!!!

So basically this router should work with 4 VLAN's like my others routers that are identical except this one has T7 vs T5.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom

I would assume so, and would also assume that whatever said 3 may have been a typo, or somebody reading a poor printout and couldn't distinguish a 3 from an 8.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Much Doug!

Reply to
Tom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.