Cisco 857w problem with sdm express

Hi, I have a brand new router which I am trying to generate and upload a basic config using SDM Express. I follow the wizard and click finish at the end but the config is not uploaded to the router. Have tried from multiple machines with same result, even tried resetting router to factory defaults but problem still exists

Any ideas?

Reply to
mbanyon
Loading thread data ...

If the following messages appear at the end of the startup sequence, Cisco SDM is installed on your router:

yourname con0 is now available

Press RETURN to get started.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I don't really use sdm since I find it quite hard to configure a browser to work with it and I have no idea if configs that have been manually edited are then safely editable with sdm.

Here is what you can do to fix your router.

Use the console cable and hyperterminal to connect.

9600, n, 1, no-handshaking.

login (unless you changed it user:cisco password:cisco) if the prompt does not end in "#" issue command "en" (try password cisco if you didn't change it but I am not sure)

tt#sh flash

20480K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)

Directory of flash:/

3 -rwx 2077 Mar 1 2002 00:10:51 +00:00 sdmconfig-8xx.cfg

If you have a file /like/ this then you have the sdm default config file and all will be OK.

tt#copy flash:/sdmconfig-8xx.cfg startup-config Destination filename [startup-config]?

Reply to
Bod43

You may also wish to investigate the 857W Config Wizard:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.