Cisco 804. Making it dumber

I'm not a Cisco or networking guru, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

My internet connection is via ISDN and a Cisco 804 router. I'm currently wanting to do some experimenting with using a Linux PC as a router/gateway-thingamabob so I need someway to hook ISDN up to this PC.

While I could go with an ISDN serial modem, the connection throughput/latency is much worse than via the Cisco router. So what I need to do is this:

ISP Cisco 804 Linux PC LAN

I'm not quite sure how some of this would work. But I'd like to do as much of the routing/firewalling/gatewaying duties on the PC as I can.

Suggestions?

Reply to
Dustin Wyatt
Loading thread data ...

That will work. just need 2 nics in your linux pc and do nat routing on it as well.

I have friends who do this.

Worse case there is NAT on the 804 isdn router. IF thats the case you get to deal with double nating 2 fake networks which will let you out to the internet fine but don't expect to allow any inbound connections easily.

Reply to
Matt.K.Mead

Is it possible to disable NAT on the 804?

I guess basically I just need the 804 to get the IP and then bridge (not sure if this is the right terminology) it straight to the linux PC.

Reply to
Dustin Wyatt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.