CISCO 2950 vlan config problem

I have a 48 port cisco 2950 switch and I need kinds of configuration:

1) port #48 is connected to a smartbits traffic generator 2) 10 other ports need to receive this traffic

config I tried was ...

int fastethernet 0/1 switchport access vlan 11 . .. . int fastethernet 0/10 switchport access vlan 11

int fastethernet 0/48 switchport mode trunk

This doesn't seem to work. Ports 1 -10 are not receiving the traffic!

The second config that I need is...

1) port #46 is connected to a smartbits traffic generator 2) 5 other ports, each on a different vlan should recive the traffic from port #46

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Reply to
aruts
Loading thread data ...

If you didn't change the vlan on port 0/48 the default is vlan 1, so how or why would the ports that are on different vlans SEE the traffic generator thats on vlan 1..

Same here (I think)

Reply to
gene martinez

I need something like the foll. for the second config:

1) vlan 11 : member ports 12, 46 2) vlan 12 : member ports 13, 46 3) vlan 13 : member ports 14, 46 4) vlan 14 : member ports 15, 46 5) vlan 15 : member ports 16, 46

I would like a sample config for the above.

Thanks

Reply to
aruts

I don't know that you can do that. The whole idea of vlans is to make/keep the ports on different lans in the switch. So how/or why would you have port 46 in all your different vlans???

Reply to
gene martinez

On 19.08.2005 11:11 snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote

try something like

vlan11 vlan12 vlan13 vlan14 vlan15 ! interface FastEthernet0/12 switchport access vlan 11 switchport mode access ! interface FastEthernet0/13 switchport access vlan 12 switchport mode access ! interface FastEthernet0/14 switchport access vlan 13 switchport mode access ! interface FastEthernet0/15 switchport access vlan 14 switchport mode access ! interface FastEthernet0/16 switchport access vlan 15 switchport mode access ! interface FastEthernet0/46 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk allowed vlan 11-15 switchport mode trunk !

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.