question of vlan cisco

hi pleas help me my switch 2950 dose not work good

in show vlan i see on defult vlan (vlan 1) int gig 0/1 in this vlan ports therefor i think it send broadcast too all port and terafik is very bad i want too do " no switchport mode access" until int gig 0/1 dose not work in vlan 1

it work in trunk mode pleas help me

Reply to
hadi
Loading thread data ...

hadi skrev:

dont use the default vlan1. Always change it to something else...

Best Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin

why? security policy?

Reply to
Guercio

There is no reason you can't use VLAN 1, but Cisco suggests avoiding it. I do not think this is your problem, but I can't understand what you are asking or what your problem is, so I can't know for sure. Here is a link to the vlan 1 stuff from cisco.com:

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

If you are not running Vlan's leaving it default is ok. If you want to vlan your traffic it is best to use a completely different vlan. All interfaces on the switch are configured as vlan1 by default. Maky your life alot simpler and set up a new vlan as the other user suggested and apply that vlan to the interfaces you want segmented.

Reply to
jmeyer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.