Cisco 1841 - Trying to assign all 5 static IPs to network

On my business SBC static plan I have 5 static ips.

I have the 2wire modem setup as a bridge, a gateway address assigned to the cisco router, a public ip assigned to the cisco router, and a public ip assigned to the firewall that then does NAT to private addresses.

I setup the cisco router to assign an IP from SBC automatically via PPPOE on the Dialer1 interface that is assigned to the 0/1 ethernet interface. The address assigned is xx.xx.xx.230/32.

I TRY to set the 0/0 ethernet statically to xx.xx.xx.225

255.255.255.248, which is the subnet SBC provides me. The router throws an error: xx.xx.xx.224 overlaps with Dialer1.

I can set the router to xx.xx.xx.225 or xx.xx.xx.226 with subnet

255.255.255.252, and everything works.

However I need all of my 5 IP addresses. Setting the subnet mask to

255.255.255.252 does not allow me the full range: 225 to 229.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Current configuration : 1248 bytes ! version 12.3 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname xxxxxxxxxx ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! mmi polling-interval 60 no mmi auto-configure no mmi pvc mmi snmp-timeout 180 no aaa new-model ip subnet-zero ip cef ! --More--  ! ! ! vpdn enable ! vpdn-group 1 request-dialin protocol pppoe ! no ftp-server write-enable ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/0 description LAN ip address xx.xx.xx.225 255.255.255.252 duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet0/1 description WAN no ip address speed auto pppoe enable pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1 ! interface Dialer1 ip address negotiated ip mtu 1492 encapsulation ppp no ip mroute-cache dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 no cdp enable ppp authentication pap callin ppp chap hostname snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net ppp chap password 0 apasswordishere ppp pap sent-username snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.netpassword 0 apasswordishere ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 ip http server ! ! dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit ! control-plane ! ! line con 0 password apasswordishere login line aux 0 line vty 0 4 password apasswordishere login ! end

Reply to
extremesanity
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.