Cisco 1721 ADSL configuration Advice

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to Cisco, and have been trying to configure a Cisco

1721 router for PPPoA ADSL with static settings. The config that I've pieced together (see below) connects to the ADSL service, and allows me to ping internet addresses by IP and hostname. As you can see from the setting, the router allocates clients an IP address from a DHCP pool, but a connected client cannot ping any internet addresses. I'm wondering if this is something to do with an access-list or routing issue. I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Martin

service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname MyRouter ! ip cef ip name-server w.x.y.z ip name-server w.x.y.z ! enable password password ! ip subnet-zero no shutdown ! ip dhcp excluded-address 10.112.4.254 ! ip dhcp pool MyDHCPPool network 10.112.4.0 255.255.255.0 default-router 10.112.4.254 dns-server 10.112.4.254 ! ip audit notify log ip audit po max-events 100 ! interface ATM0 no shutdown no ip address atm ilmi-keepalive pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! dsl operating-mode auto ! interface BRI0 no ip address shutdown ! interface FastEthernet0 no shutdown ip address 10.112.4.254 255.255.255.0 no ip redirects no ip proxy-arp ip nat inside speed auto ! interface Dialer1 ip address w.x.y.z 255.255.255.0

Reply to
martin.stenner
Loading thread data ...

Hi Martin If you have " ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer1 overload" in your configuration, you should have an "access-list 1 permit 10.112.4.0 0.0.0.255 " and not "ip access-list extended nat-out permit ip 10.112.4.0 0.0.0.255 any"

because the access-list "nat-out" is not defined in your NAT rule but the "source list 1" which refers to an access-list 1

HTH

Bye

Carlo

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Carlo Poggiarelli

Carlo - Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try.

Cheers, Martin

Reply to
martin.stenner

Carlo - Yes, this worked! Thanks very much for the help. I don't suppose you would have any pointers, or reference for configuring VPN on this device? We have the necessary module in the router.

Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
martin.stenner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.