callmanager express

is there a legit way I can get hold of Callmanager Express 4.1 or earlier? I've been told this is what I need for a 2600 router. I've tried some resellers, they say discontinued, no can do. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
tg
Loading thread data ...

If you are talking about all that kind of money for the proper router licensing, device licenses and IP phones, why do you want to use an EOL'd router that lacks several hardware features necessary for CME anyway? (Plain 2600 router EOL announced in May 2002, 2600XM router EOL announced in March 2006). What's a $2k 2800 ISR?

Also, the 2600's are all fallen off for current version CME support as it is, so even if you could get it, and you made it fit, none of the newer versions would run...

You don't say if you have a 2600, or a 2600XM. The 2600XMs are really the only ones with a chance to run it when it was called CME. Back when it was called ITS, you may have got a 2600 (non XM) to run it.

CME 7.0 only supports the 2800's and 3800's. CME 4.2 only supports the 2800's, 3700's and the 3800s. CME 4.1 was the last to support the 2600XMs.

You get bundle discounts when you buy the router, PVDM's and the CCME license together instead of thins like FL-CCME-SMALL= costing $750 (list).. (still needing device licenses for that one). Or a FL-CCME-UC-5= 5 device & 5 CME/CUE user upgrade for $1495 list..

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

thankyou Doug but could I ask you if you're sure about CME4.1 and the XM's? I have a 2651XM, you're the second person who's told me it will support

4.1 but someone else has insisted it will only support 4.0. I'm thus confused at this point. A 2651XM will be arriving at my door in the next few days and I'll need to set it up so thanks for any further advice.
Reply to
tg

Well, lets see, CME 4.1 was bundled in IOS rev 12.4(9)T.. My 2610XM here is running that version..

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version

12.4(9)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) ... System image file is "flash:c2600-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T" ... Cisco 2610XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 1.0) with 253952K/8192K bytes of memory. Processor board ID JAE07460QTE M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2 1 FastEthernet interface 1 terminal line 1 cisco service engine(s) 32K bytes of NVRAM. 49152K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

Note the expanded memory, which requires a newer boot ROM..

So, yes, I'm sure. :)

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

that's a relief, thanks. I'm going to need to connect cme to a (sip) voip provider and I think only 4.1 or later supports that.

Reply to
tg

CME 4.1 had some enhancements to the SIP ua registration. Prior versions had sip ua registration, but it was much simpler, not in a format that most SIP IPTP would support, although a few could.

And most likely you'll have to max out DRAM and Flash and get the new Boot ROM (not flashable) that supports 256M of memory in the process as well...

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.