caller ID with callmanager/communication manager express

I have a CallManager Express 4.3 install with a 2 full PRI's connected and it services 2 different companies (although they are internally related) My provider lets me manipulate the outbound caller ID number.

I'm trying to determine a few things related to caller ID

1) Can I manipulate the outbound caller ID on a per-user basis: ex: every user's outbound caller ID # is their DID. 2) Can I manipulate the outbounder caller ID on a group of users basis, using some kind of translation rule perhaps? Ex: users in CompanyA all have 1 outbound number, and users in CompanyB all have a differnet outbound caller ID number.
Reply to
Evan Mann
Loading thread data ...

It'll be their DID by default. You can't set the outbound caller ID on each phone (as you can in CM), but see below for a workaround.

You can do regular expression-based munging of the number - see the "voice translation-rule" command in the docs.

Lots more at

formatting link
Cheers, Cos.

Reply to
Andrew J Cosgriff

Evan,

You can set and apply translation rules to "mask" outbound ANI number. If phones in CompanyA have different DID ranges, than CompanyB, you may need to create two separate translation rules.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.