Bootflash recovery on a Cisco 4500

Hi to everyone.

I've got a cisco 4500 without flash and bootflash and a pair of share flash banks for cisco 4000 series (16mb each). Now, i'd like to use one of these as bootflash for the 4500, so i need to put the right image on the bootflash... I've got a 4700 which is working with no problems, that's what i tried to do: Removed all flash from the 4700 except the bootflash, placed a 16mb empty bank on the machine, and copied the file c4500-boot-mz.122-31.bin from the

4700 bootflash on the empty flash (erasing it). alas putting the newly flashed memory on the 4500 didn't work, from rommon i get this:

rommon 11 > b bootflash: unknown flash device - mandev code = 0xbad0 cannot read flash info getdevnum warning: device "boot flash" has size of zero unknown flash device - mandev code = 0xbad0 cannot read flash info getdevnum warning: device "boot flash" has size of zero open: read error...requested 0x4 bytes, got 0xffffffff trouble reading device magic number boot: cannot open "bootflash:" boot: cannot determine first file name on device "bootflash:"

Anyone got another idea about restoring the bootflash on my 4500?

Thanks, Hkz

Reply to
Hkz
Loading thread data ...

Il Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:52:51 +0000, Hkz ha scritto:

Ok, problem solved. The idea of using the 4700 was good, but the 4500 rommon didn't support the 16mb flashcard, so i placed the newly generated bootflash on the cisco 4700, and the original one on the 4500... now they're both working.

Reply to
Hkz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.