Missing %CRYPTO-5-SESSION_STATUS log message in 12.4T

Hi all,

I have one C2811 running IOS 12.3(8)T10 and other C2811 running Version 12.4(6)T5.

These 2 routers connect via an IPSec tunnel to the main site router. The crypto configurations are basically the same on both C2811s.

When the tunnel is stablished in version 12.3T, I always receive this log message:

%CRYPTO-5-SESSION_STATUS: Crypto tunnel is UP . Peer xxxxxxx:

500 Id: xxxxxxx

But never receive it in version 12.4T!

Both routers has the same logging settings:

Syslog logging: enabled (59657 messages dropped, 6 messages rate- limited, 8 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled) Console logging: level informational, 1552 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Monitor logging: level debugging, 2910 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Logging to: vty322(0) Buffer logging: level debugging, 67512 messages logged, xml disabled, filtering disabled Logging Exception size (4096 bytes) Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled

Do you know why this %CRYPTO-5-SESSION_STATUS doesn't appear on

12.4T?

Thank you!! Adriano Prado

Reply to
Adriano Prado
Loading thread data ...

I've run into the same problem with 12.4(17). How the heck can I monitor my crypto map sessions without this?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Gauthier

crypto logging session

I can't remember where I found out about this, but the only vaguely useful url on CCO I can find is here:

formatting link

Reply to
Andrew J. Cosgriff

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.