Aironet 1100 and WPA-PSK

Does anyone have a sample 'show run' config for an aironet 1100 (or other IOS-based WAP) running in a very simple WPA-PSK configuration they could post?

I'm looking to replace some cheap-and-nasty netgear APs with 1100s, and (at first) i want to just do a like for like change- so no VLAN working, no RADIUS, no multiple SSIDs- just one broadcasted SSID with a simple WPA-PSK passphrase (the clients are winXP laptops with the passphrase preconfigured). I know the AP will do it, and I intend to RTFM in depth, but after a quick look I can't get it to play. If someone could help me out here I'd apreciate it.

My intention is to get this going and then try the more complex stuff. I'm pretty familiar with IOS switches, but not on WAPs.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bartram
Loading thread data ...

ap1100# configure terminal ap1100(config)# configure interface dot11radio 0 ap1100(config-if)# ssid bitbucket ap1100(config-ssid)# wpa-psk ascii mysecret ap1100(config-ssid)# end

HTH, Alexander

Reply to
Alexander Apathy

Relevant parts of my config:

dot11 ssid bitbucket authentication open authentication key-management wpa wpa-psk ascii 0 mysecret

interface dot11radio0 encryption mode cipher tkip

HTH, Alexander

PS: See

formatting link
for more information on how to configure WPA-PSK.

Reply to
Alexander Apathy

formatting link

Hi Alexander,

I'd got most of it, and found what i was missing in the manual after a bit of a hunt- it was "authentication key-management wpa".

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.