Will a AP350 running IOS support BR350/VxWorks clients AND generic 802.11?

I'm having a hard time tracking down a confirmation of the answer to these simple questions:

Will an AP350 running IOS support BR350/VxWorks clients AND generic

802.11 clients?

Also: does an AP350 running IOS support WPA to non-Aironet 350 clients? Can it support both WPA to non-Aironet clients and WEP to Aironet clients, on different VLANs?

Most importantly, does anyone have actual real-world experience with these configurations?

Thank you for answering my simple questions.

Reply to
tomviolin
Loading thread data ...

~ I'm having a hard time tracking down a confirmation of the answer to ~ these simple questions: ~ ~ Will an AP350 running IOS support BR350/VxWorks clients AND generic ~ 802.11 clients?

I could have sworn that I answered a question just like this not very long ago, but anyway, here goes again.

An AP350's only roles are root AP and repeater. So a VXworks BR350 can only associate to the AP350 as a repeater.

~ Also: does an AP350 running IOS support WPA to non-Aironet 350 ~ clients?

Yes, WPA(1)-TKIP (not WPA2 since no hardware support for AES.)

~ Can it support both WPA to non-Aironet clients and WEP to ~ Aironet clients, on different VLANs?

Yes.

~ Most importantly, does anyone have actual real-world experience with ~ these configurations?

Yes.

~ Thank you for answering my simple questions.

Welcome.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.