Aironet 1100 going offline

I just got done upgrading the software in a Aironet 1100 access point. I've defaulted the confi and now after it resets, its unaccessable after 6 minutes. Can't even ping it. Wondering if I messed something up. Anyone esle experiance this?

Reply to
cmg2005
Loading thread data ...

cmg2005 schrieb:

You have set also the IP address to the default behaviour.

Reply to
Uli Link

~ cmg2005 schrieb: ~ ~ > I just got done upgrading the software in a Aironet 1100 access point. ~ > I've defaulted the confi and now after it resets, its unaccessable ~ > after 6 minutes. Can't even ping it. Wondering if I messed something ~ > up. Anyone esle experiance this? ~ ~ ~ You have set also the IP address to the default behaviour.

In more detail ... in recent IOS, on console-less wireless APs (to wit, the AP1100), with a default configuration (empty startup-config), the AP will initially give itself an IP address of 10.0.0.1 and meanwhile try getting an address via DHCP. After

5 minutes, it will stop using the default IP address but will continue indefinitely try to acquire an address via DHCP.

We don't document this stuff too well ... while I'm waiting for our doc folks to post the following tech tip, let me just go ahead and stick it here for the time being.

Cheers,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.