Multicast over aironet 1130ag

Hello, I have 4 Aironet 1131ag access points. I am using brige groups to map two VLANS onto diferent SSIDs.

I have a problem with iChat/Bonjour which uses mDNS. I believe that the multicast traffic is not being relayed over the WiFi.

I cant find any documentation on how to do this with unmanaged AP's. I need to get multicast working between clients on the same AP and between clients on a diferent AP via the wired VLAN.

Wired to Wired Bonjour works but WiFi - wired OR WiFi - WiFi it does not.

EXCERT FROM CONFIG

dot11 vlan-name guest vlan 10 dot11 vlan-name main vlan 11 ! dot11 ssid ------1 vlan 11 authentication open authentication key-management wpa mbssid guest-mode dtim-period 10 wpa-psk ascii 7 --------- ! dot11 ssid ---------2 vlan 10 authentication open authentication key-management wpa mbssid guest-mode dtim-period 10 wpa-psk ascii 7 -------- ! dot11 arp-cache bridge irb ! ! interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address no ip route-cache ! encryption vlan 11 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip ! encryption vlan 10 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip ! broadcast-key vlan 11 change 45 ! broadcast-key vlan 10 change 45 ! ! ssid -----1 ! ssid -----2 ! mbssid channel 2437 station-role root rts threshold 2312 infrastructure-client

Reply to
Stuart Gall
Loading thread data ...

Hello, Any ideas on this. I have confirmed that IGMP snooping is working properly on the switches, multicast is not being sent from the LAN to the WiFi. If I ping 224.0.0.1 from a client connected to the WiFi I only get replies from Ethernet stations. Not even WiFi stations connected to the same AP reply. The same is true for the lan broadcast address.

If I ping 224.0.0.1 from an ethernet port on the switch I get replies from all the ethernet stations but not from the WiFi Clients.

Therefore the 1130ag is accepting packets with destination 224.0.0.X and forwarding them to the Ethernet. But 224.0.0.X packets that originate on the Ethernet are not being forwarded to WiFi Clients.

Is there some special procedure for getting Broadcast/Multicast packets sent to all stations on the WiFi.

TIA

Reply to
Stuart Gall

Stuart,

Try turning on "dot11 igmp snooping-helper" on the AP, if it's not on.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.