ADSL and 836

Hi, I am running lots of 836'ers with adsl fine. In one location here in Germany I have a so called "DSL light" i.e. the distance for running ADSL is too long, so the provider only provides a lower bandwidth (500KB). The 836 does not get the interface up, it looks as if there is no cable connected. When i use an external DSL modem and a laptop with pppoe drivers everything is fine. Has anybody else experienced this? Maybe it is a problem of the adsl module in the 836 or the IOS (c836-k9o3sy6-mz.122-13.ZH4)? Thx Steffen

Reply to
PabloFiasko
Loading thread data ...

You can ask the ISP to check there end (at the DSLAM) to see how the signals are. Attenuation, Noise etc ...

If one goes lower than a certan level, the interface is not able to bring up the interface i guess.

You can do the same ate your end too #show dsl interface atm

======================================================= NEW on the Internet: cisco irc chat groep irc://irc.intersecting.net/cisco.certification =======================================================

Reply to
polleke7

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.