Spanning Tree and AP1310

Hello,

I have a connection between 2 buildings with a laser link. As a backup I need to set up a WLAN connection. I use 2 APs AIR-BR1310G-E-K9, one as root the other as non root. When I shut down the laser link everything works fine over the WLAN. Nevertheless, if both links are up I have trouble on layer 2 in my network... I found that the non root bridge AP has in its config on each dot11radio subinterface an entry bridge-group spanning-disabled Sh span also tells me that this AP doesn't send or receive bpdus.

When I try to do a no bridge-group spanning-disabled I am told that this is not allowed. I also tftp'd config down the AP, edited and upped it again but I came back with this entry. I am running c1310-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2. Any ideas how I get this entry out of the config or maybe if there's another way to solve this problem? Thx for any input Steffen

Reply to
Steffen M. Steck
Loading thread data ...

Open a case with the Cisco TAC as spanning-tree is supposed to be supported on the AP1310

Reply to
Merv

Open a case with the Cisco TAC as spanning-tree is supposed to be supported on the AP1310

Reply to
Merv

well I think I got a hint: loop control was configured under each logical subinterface of the radio interface. after removing this I could enable STP. now the AP shows the correct STP root. I'll do further tests tomorrow morning...

Reply to
Steffen M. Steck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.