SBC Yahoo DSL and D-link router problems

Just can't figure out how to get the speedstream 5100 modem talking with the D-link DI-604 router. I entered the modem config and selected "PPPoE on computer". Then hooked up the router and selected static PPPoE, entered the modem IP and logon information. According to the router status page PPPoE is successfully connected, but the internet light on the modem does not come on and I can't surf. DHCP is enabled on the router and the winipcfg numbers look correct, i.e. 192.168.0.100 is assigned to the computer with the router's IP for DNS and Gateway. What am I missing? Thanks!

By the way, I'm running a Windows ME machine, and the DSL works fine when I take the router out of the loop.

Reply to
lindyhop
Loading thread data ...

It might help other users if you both point out that you are talking about the 5100B modem (5 lights), not the 5100(a) (4 lights).

Reply to
Kay Archer

That's correct. I have the modem with five lights. Do you have a idea of what I need to do to get my router working with the modem? Thanks!

Reply to
lindyhop

Thanks for the suggestion. That is how I originally tried to make the setup work, but it didn't, i.e. I changed the router IP to 192.168.1.1 in the LAN section, and set it for dynamic IP in the WAN section. I just tried it again, and it is working. Don't know why it wouldn't go the first time. Thanks!

Reply to
lindyhop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.