adding new card in cisco switch 6506

Hi,

I just got done installing 48 port 10/100/1000 card. But Under CatOS "show module", I am not seeing the card. Is there anything I need to do on CatOS to turn on? My understanding was, 6506 will be Plug-n-play. Is there anything I need to do on the card?

Thanks

Reply to
cmrahman
Loading thread data ...
  1. Is it showing as "unknown" in the output of show module?

1. What is the moudle status LED showing ?

Reply to
Merv

It is not showing anything at all under module. There chassis thinks there is nothing on it. I saw yellow/orange color on the LED.

Thanks

Reply to
cmrahman
  1. Post the output of show module

1. what slot is the card in ?

2. what is the card product number, usually found in top left hand corner of card faceplate above LED

1. try a differnet slot to see if card is recognized

Reply to
Merv

Mod Slot Ports Module-Type Model Sub Status

--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- ---

--------

1 1 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE yes ok 15 1 1 Multilayer Switch Feature WS-F6K-MSFC no ok 3 3 16 1000BaseX Ethernet WS-X6416-GBIC no ok 5 5 48 10/100BaseTX Ethernet WS-X6248-RJ-45 no ok

Right now, it is in slot- 2. I have tested in slot-4 as well. When I insert the card, I see the switch saying "mod 2 powering up" but I do not see anything under show module

Prod # WS-X6148-GE-TX CLEI: CNUIADJAAB

I tried slot 2 and 4. Same result.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
cmrahman

If this i a new card then you should open a case with Cisco TAC as it would seem that it is defective.

Reply to
Merv

What is the result of the show test (module #)?

Reply to
phade_2_black

Here it is,

aus-swt-3> (enable) show test 2 Module 2 is not installed.

Thanks

Reply to
cmrahman

It is a brand new card. I will try to open a Cisco TAC.

Thanks

Reply to
cmrahman

And you have at least CatOS 7.6(1) Or IOS 12.1(19)E1?

Reply to
Make

I have CatOS 6.1. any of you have catOS 7.6(1) ?

Thanks

Reply to
cmrahman

in the show tech output under show env all, the card shows as unknown and show its power consumption.

So perhaps your CAT OS needs to be upgraded to a more recent version

Reply to
Merv

looks like CAT OS 7.6(1) is the first release to support WS-X6148-GE-TX, see:

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Yea.. but I do not have access to the download. Not sure if anybody has the upgrade or not..

Reply to
cmrahman

You need to upgrade the software!

Reply to
Make

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.