3com LAN Switch WX1200

Hi,

I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via the serial connection? I have attempted to access the WEB interface but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.

Hope someone can help.

Regards, Anthony

Reply to
number1hatfielder
Loading thread data ...

This is not really an appropriate newsgroup for 3COM questions.

The command reference appears to be at

formatting link
Perhaps something in there will help.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

3COM is that way ----->
Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Scanning through the manuals, the answer appears to be NO. The WX100 has a method (paperclip in a pinhole while turning the device on), but the other devices in the series do not appear to.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Anthony,

In order to reset the 3Com Wireless LAN Switch WX1200 configuration to factory default, enter the following commands below:

1. Clear Boot Config

1. Reset System Force

Note: The two commands above can only be entered from the "enable" mode of your Wireless Switch.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Reply to
number1hatfielder

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.