aironet ap350 PASSWORD RECOVERY OR RESET ENTIRE CONFIG

My boss just bought two new buildings that included a pre-existing wireless bridge (Aironet AP350). The problem is the previous owner has no passwords for wither device. They seem to be working fine, but we are not sure how they are set up and that scares us a bit. I know i can follow the instrctions for wiping the config and starting over. Does anyone know of any other way of getting in. I was told by someone that if I open a service request with Cisco they have a work around. Does anyone know this to be true. I don't want to pay Cisco if all they are going to tell me is exactly what the instructions say. I can follow them. Is there anyway to do it other than from the console port?

Reply to
mpmc1
Loading thread data ...

You can not console or telnet into your Cisco Aironet 350s.

Connect a nine-pin, straight-through DB-9 serial cable to the RS-232 serial port on the access point and to the COM port on a computer.

Set up a terminal emulator to communicate with the access point.

Use the following settings for the terminal emulator connection:

9600 baud

8 data bits

no parity

1 stop bit

Xon/Xoff flow control

These settings are the default settings.

If you are having trouble accessing the device after setting the terminal program to the settings, it is possible that the device is not set to the defaults.

It might help to try different settings, starting with the baud rate.

For more information on the console cable specifications, refer to the Using the Command-Line Interface section for the appropriate device:

Access Point

formatting link
Bridge:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.