linksys wrt54g lan/wired dhcp problem - help

For some reason, I can no longer get dhcp to work on the lan/wired side.

It works fine on WLAN/wireless side. I can get an address and PING

192.168.1.1 on the WLAN side just fine. I even tried updating firmware on the WLAN side and it was successful (AFAIK).

On the LAN side, even if I use a static IP, I cannot ping 192.168.1.1. I even tried adding an arp entry on the PC for the mac address of the unit. still not work.

However, if I do a continuous ping to 192.168.1.1 from the LAN PC, I will get 4-5 responses when I power reset of the router or do a soft reset for 30 seconds, etc.

Is there some setting to allow the management IP and functions to be bridged to the LAN side?

The only thing I have done lately is tried the latest version of code for my wrt54g (hw) v1.1 - firmware v4.20.7. Also, I haven't been using my Internet port lately since my ISP has been f***** around, I can only keep one PC on the Internet until they get done with their address space migration and other odd changes.

Thanks

Reply to
M Osborne
Loading thread data ...

M Osborne wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com:

Suggest you go back to square one:

Reset your router to factory default settings. You can do this through the current firmware?s configuration pages ? Administration/Factory Defaults/Yes/Save Settings. As an alternative, you can physically reset the factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router for

30 seconds.

I'm running the same hardware/firmware combination without problem. DHCP and mgmt access on 192.168.1.1 via LAN and WLAN are enabled by default, password = admin.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Yes, I've tried factory defaults. Perhaps I have a hardware problem now. Maybe I'll try one of the more linux versions of code where I can better manipulate network settings.

Anyone else run into a similar problem?

Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Reply to
M Osborne

M Osborne wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com:

Just a thought: have you checked out the NIC on the PC and cable you are using to access the router?

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.