2960 Port Monitoring

I am looking for some assistance setting up port monitoring on a 2960 switch via a web interface. I have setup port monitoring on other Cisco switches and believe I used the web interface to do so as I am not familiar with the CLI. However, I went all throught the 2960 web interface and found no reference to port monitoring, port mirrorring or SPAN. I am using Colasoft Capsa network monitoring software and want to view all the lan/wan/internet traffic.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Wackamo
Loading thread data ...

You use the 'monitor' command on those I believe:

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

TNX for response. I see that I can configure this with CLI but I was hoping to set it up with the Web Interface as I am not familiar with the CLI.

Reply to
Wackamo

The CLI is pretty straightforward. I get the idea that not too many people here use the web thing.

All you need to type is

en

conf t monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2 monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5 end

sw02>enable !! Do password stuff sw02#config terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNT sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou ? interface SPAN source interface

!!! get some help sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou int fa 0/2 ? , Specify another range of interfaces - Specify a range of interfaces both Monitor received and transmitted traffic rx Monitor received traffic only tx Monitor transmitted traffic only

sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou int fa 0/2 both sw02(config)#mon sess 1 dest int fa 0/5 ?

sw02(config)#mon sess 1 dest int fa 0/5 sw02(config)#end

sw02#sh mon sess 1 Session 1

--------- Source Ports: RX Only: None TX Only: None Both: Fa0/2 Destination Ports: Fa0/5

sw02#

sw02#sh run | inc session monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2 monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5 sw02#

!! To save over reboot sw02# copy running-config startu

All you need to type is

en conf t monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2 monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5 end

To turn off:

en conf t no mon sess 1 end

How hard is that?

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.