AIR-AP1231G-A-K9 problem

I just recently replaced two of my Aironet 350 APs with the AIR-AP1231G-A-K9 (1200 series AP). This was to upgrade from 11Mbps to

54Mbps. The 1231G AP is using cushcraft s2400b antenna, same as what was being used on the 350 AP. These are 2.4-2.5Ghz antenna.

Configuring the device was easy, but my problem is that the 54Mbps clients (most using Intel's PRO/Wireless 2915ABG) cannot maintain a

54Mbps connection for long. They fluctuate from 54Mbps down to 1Mbps, then up to 2Mbps, then sometimes 11Mbps, then back to 1Mbps and eventually to 54Mbps again.

If I set the Intel adapters to 802.11b, the stay connected to the Cisco at 11Mbps constantly, with no speed changes.

All clients have Excellent signal strength, and the latest Intel drivers.

I've tried setting the Intel adapters to use maximum performance from a power management setting, but this doesn't seem to change the odd fluctuations in speed.

Another odd issue, possibly related, is that if I attempt to log into the Web-interface for the Cisco AP while using an Intel client that is fluctuating it's speed, the Cisco AP many times reboots.

The Cisco is using the 12.3(4)JA firmware.

Has anyone experienced issues like this? If so, is there a solution that worked for you to maintain 54Mbps connections?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Reply to
Dewg
Loading thread data ...

Found the problem today - the issue is with the Intel 2915ABG drivers. The latest drivers have problems with 802.11g. The solution is calling Intel to download the BETA drivers for the card (9.0.1.21).

S> I just recently replaced two of my Aironet 350 APs with the

Reply to
Dewg

Hello

I'm having the same problems with Intel 2200 BG cards and I would like to test this beta driver to solve these problems. Can you give me the link where I can download this driver ?

thanks

Reply to
Manel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.