MAC Address filter issue

I have a Cisco Aironet 1100 access point that has been in use for 16 months now. I have a limited number of wireless connections using this AP so I decided to apply a MAC Address Filter to provide a measure of security.

This filter was set up quite some time ago using the website interface and has not been changed for at least 6 months.

I went to make a change to it yesterday and received the following error message:

"Filter 700 was configured on interface Dot1Radio0 using CLI. It must be cleared via CLI to ensure proper operation of the website interface".

I did not configure nything under CLI because I have only used the website interface for maintenance.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this message and/or provide the subset of CLI commands that is needed to clear this configuration out... hopefully without loosing the MAC Address list that I have built?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Junior

Reply to
Junior
Loading thread data ...

Hi Junior,

Use the following syntax:

no access-list [list number]

This will disable the access-list (filter)

---------------------------

All IOS comands can be removed from configuration mode by preceeding the command syntax with 'no'

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hey Brad, thanks for the reply. I hate to sound like a total ditz but... how do you get into CLI mode? Is it a case of hooking directly into the AP via Ethernet cable and then somehow issuing a command to link into the OS?

I apologize for my lack of knowledge but it was easy enough to use the web interface to set the AP up. I didn't think I'd ever have to get to a command line interface to operate this sucker!

If you know, what do you suppose caused this issue? As I said, I don't even know how to get to the CLI, let alone use it to modify the access list.

Thanks, Herb

formatting link
wrote:

Reply to
Junior

Hi Herb,

Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points,

12.2(11)JA

Accessing the CLI

formatting link
Using the Command-Line Interface

formatting link
Configuring Filters

formatting link
Herb, hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.