1602 Router/ No IOS

All,

I have been given an old 1602R and want to use it in our workare as a test machine. My problem is I have no IOS for it. I tried downloading from Cisco but was unable as I am not a preffered customer.

Anyone will to let me know where I can get a copy of this software or a way I can get to the router settings without this.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Tom Gudmundsen
Loading thread data ...

In article , Tom Gudmundsen wrote: :I have been given an old 1602R and want to use it in our workare as a test :machine. My problem is I have no IOS for it. I tried downloading from Cisco :but was unable as I am not a preffered customer.

It isn't that you would need to be a preferred customer, but you would need to have a SmartNet contract. According to the End Of Sale notice, you might still be able to get a SmartNet contract on the device:

formatting link
You would have to "re-license" the device first (unless the device was given to you by another part of your company.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Tom,

You may want to investigate Cisco Software Relicensing For Used Cisco:

formatting link
as well as the Cisco SMARTnet® Pricing Calculator:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.