Swapping an older P3200 for a new one with no fuses

I am no longer able to get fuses for my old Gemini P3200 panel. I have searched high and low for them.I have the quick loader software and uploaded the old panel settings to my computer.

Is the panel swap as simple as just connecting each wire from old panel to the new one and then downloading the settings to the new panel?

Are there certain steps (by that I mean things that need to be done in a certain order) I need to do prior to disconnecting the old one? like disconnecting power first?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
sziggy86
Loading thread data ...

depending on the fuse try one of these suppliers..

All Electronics

formatting link
Electronics Gold mine
formatting link
Jameco Electronics
formatting link
Mouser Electronics
formatting link

each has many different types

Reply to
RTS

What is the physical size of the fuse? Have you tried searching by the size of the fuse IE 5mm x 15mm glass fuse or

3.6 x 10mm glass fuse or whatever the size of the fuse is, I'd be very surprised if you can't locate replacement fuses.

Also if the fuses are blowing on regular basis then you should resolve that issue before replacing the panel

Doug.

Reply to
doug

The fuses I am looking for are 1.5AMP 125 Volt 15MM. There is no issue with the system, I blew my last fuse when I changed a smoke detector.

Reply to
lisaz2525

If they are 5mm diameter (which they probably are) by 15mm long then just google 5mm x 15mm fuse.

1st link is fast blow which is probably what you want, second is slow blow which you probably don't want

formatting link

formatting link

Doug

Reply to
doug

Thanks Doug,

My fuse is 125 volts, these are 250. Is it ok to use them if they are larger volts?

Reply to
sziggy86

The voltage rating is the maximum voltage. You can use a fuse with a higher voltage rating than the voltage of the circuit it is protecting as long as the current rating (A) is the same. The circuits the fuses are protecting on your panel are only 12 volts so 125 or 250 volt rated fuses are OK

Doug

Reply to
doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.