XP Account Problem

I recently got cable internet and have setup a wireless Linksys system.

One of my XP accounts will not pull up any web pages. It works fine to send/receive email with Outlook.

All other XP accounts on this computer work fine.

I have cleared temp. files/cookies and rebooted. I have checked the TCP/IP settings and they are identical to the other accounts.

Comcast tech. support couldn't help me.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Reply to
Randy
Loading thread data ...

If this is SP2, turn off the firewall. You have to turn it off for every account. Oh, but be sure you run some kind of firewall. Just not the Windows one that is enabled by SP2. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

It sounds like the Users's IE settings are corrupt in the User Registry.

Try the following...

Rename the profile. For example...

C:Documents and Settingsaccount_name to C:Documents and Settingsaccount_name.bak

Relogon to that account and the profile will be recreated. In my example, logon as 'account_name'.

If this works, copy the subdirectories from C:Documents and Settingsaccount_name.bak to the new C:Documents and Settingsaccount_name

If it doesn't work (using my example), delete the "C:Documents and Settingsaccount_name" profile and then rename the backup "account_name.bak" back to "account_name"

Dave

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Try deleting and re-creating that account and see wht happens

Reply to
Charles Newman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.