Can't Browse the Network?

I used to be able to, but now I can't. All the Machines are either Windows XP or Windows 2000. When I double click on My Network Places and hit View Workgroup Computers and I get the error, the list of servers for this group is unavailable. What happened? My brother's PC was infested with spyware... so I reformatted. My theory was that maybe somebody hacked it, and screwed around with my router settings. I checked everything and it seems to be OK. I can ping each machine. If I search for the computers, I can find them and access the shares. Just not browse. I gave it an hour at one point (while I was doing wash) and it still couldn't browse.

Reply to
Ed Nuxters
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Warren

Try here:

formatting link
Q

Reply to
Quaoar

Done. Still have the same problem. I have the firewall disabled too.

Reply to
Ed Nuxters

Correction, I have one Windows XP machine that is browsing the network with no problems/. it has SP2 and all updates. Firewall is disabled on all machines. Ialso have a Linux machine that can't see the Windows shares... It was working fine before. I dunno... something happened,.

Reply to
Ed Nuxters

FIXED! I upgraded my Linksys firware to 2.45.10.

Thanks!

Woohoo!

Reply to
Ed Nuxters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.