x10 Alternatives.

Hi,

I bought an x10 system quite some time ago with the pc transmitter, 3 cameras, remote, and have it hooked up using gotcha software. It works ok but the XCam2 color camera quality isn't very good. So I was thinking of trying the night watch low light X10 B&W camera to see if that helps with the image clarification. Would I be better off trying another camera to hook up to my system? I'm using a ATI Radeon RCA video-in card with the gotcha software. I don't wish to spend more than 50 on a camera and would like it to have RCA and be small. Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
TURBOROCCO
Loading thread data ...

After searching around I found this camera which seems pretty nice. It's got IP hookup with Internet access. Anyone seen or used one of these?

formatting link

Reply to
TURBOROCCO

I'd love to hear about it if you go ahead and try one.

I bought some simpler cameras, one wireless and one wired:

formatting link
which work fine except !) I could never get the wireless one working on wireless so both are now working on Ethernet, and 2) I needed to install Asian language support to stop getting error messages when viewing the cameras.

I'd really like to have pan and tilt too, so please hurry and buy one of those so that you can tell me whether to chance my own money too :-)

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.